Thursday, January 24, 2008

Heath Bar Redux

I wrote a post the other day concerning Heath Ledger. At the time, I just blew it in as another Hollywood overdose. He had never caught my radar other than a couple of movies in which he didn't make me think twice about him, and, when Brokeback Mountain came out, that he had impregnated his female co-star. Some time later I heard they broke up.

That was it.

I got caught up in a rant and made it about him and I forgot what I really didn't want out of all this. I didn't want ANOTHER dead movie star/rock star to be made into this iconic thing. I didn't want to hear about it during every segment on the news. I don't read papers or watch the news and I can tell you about almost every step of this investigation.

Look, when the world has enough problems to over come and people in our government are making HUGE PROFITS off of regular people's lives...why the fuck should I care about every incoming detail of an actors death? Thanks for the distraction, now go investigate stuff that really matters. PLEASE!!

That's what I meant to say.

No comments: