Sunday, September 2, 2007

That lingering wait...

I've never actually changed all that much from when I was a kid. I have in many ways (mortgage, bills, more responsible, etc), but there are just some things you revert to. I still procrastinate to a ridiculous degree. I still eat the wrong food and like watching TV. I still wait anxiously by the phone waiting for people who said they were going to call to actually CALL. I get nervous around women. All that shit.

The funny thing is, I've been finding things out about me that I didn't know. Some of these things would have been a MAJOR confidence booster. But I look back and kind of realize that I wouldn't have been a good guy if I had known things when I was younger. I think my life is progressing at the correct rate.

Now if I could just fucking lose weight and change some other habits so I can live to see my kids grow up, pay my stuff on time, and make progress in my workplace. I'm so happy with parts of my life, but so letting others just sit stagnant. Maybe it's not their time to be worked on and keeping them from evaporating but not growing is all I can do with them for now.

Until then, I gotta eat right. :)

No comments: