Sunday, August 19, 2007

Start it off right

I have a myspace account, but I'm always putting things on there so embedded with code and obfuscation that I sometimes can't tell what the hell I'm talking about. So a friend of mine (actually, a few) has a site on this thing, so I thought I'd sneak over here for some freedom. I haven't decided if I'll tell anyone about it or not. Maybe this will be here strictly for people to stumble across and leave the world at that.

I'm almost 7 weeks into a relationship with a woman named Theresa. After getting divorced earlier this year, I did the "bounce around the bedroom" thing for a little while and then just cleared my head. I was very interested in a woman named Joslyn for some time. We met back in (I think) February or March, I'm unclear. I somehow decided that the best course of action was to take my time with her to see if she would come around after a while. The old "friends first, lovers later" approach.

So I'm out one night and am supposed to meet some people, including Josi, when I spot this woman just singing and laughing with her friends and she stuck in my head. I kept stealing glances her way, but she was surrounded by so many people, I couldn't bring myself to intrude.
Didn't have to, it turns out, as she "accidentally" sat in my lap about an hour later. Turns out that when I hadn't been looking her way, she had been looking mine. That's how we met. First date was about a week later and we just took off from there.

It's hard not to compare relationships, but Theresa has shown me more love and respect, and receives it with equal aplomb, than I got during the entirety of my former marriage or was able to truly give.

The funny thing is, a few nights ago Josi was in a pickle about a situation with a guy. I was the last friend standing and our friendship has actually become vastly better since Theresa came along (oh, and for the record, I never stood a chance with Josi). I ended up sharing my most current experience as saying "this is how good it can be, where are you?". It was the first time in a long time I can remember using my relationship as an example of greatness rather than asking questions and being disappointed by my situation.

It's Sunday. I live in a small town that I'm moving out of soon. Tonight I head off to the city to spend time with Theresa and then out of town for a few days on business. I have to mow the yard and pack and plan and all that first, so I should probably sign off on this for now.

I'll have vastly more creative blogs than this, it just takes me a bit to get the feel of how free I want to be and how much I need to say (and a little to do with just how creative I feel that morning). If you've found me, come back from time to time. We'll laugh...

No comments: